Social media sites have also grown in numbers by leaps and bounds. As per the statistics revealed on Statista, approximately 2 billion users used social networking sites and apps in 2015. And, mobile devices are also increasing, this number is likely to cross the 2.6 billion mark by 2019. So, in this post, we will discuss Top 10 Social Media Sites 2020 that the world are exploring by the world today.
You can find out if your favorite social media platform is a part of this list and even learn about some really good online social platforms that you can start using today.
Top 10 Social Media Sites - 2020
Some of the key outcomes from their Top 10 Social Media Sites – 2020 include:
- The total number of internet users worldwide in 2019 is 388 billion, up 9.1% year-on-year.
- The count of social media users worldwide in 2019 is 484 billion, up 9% year-on-year.
- The number of mobile phone users in 2019 is 112 billion, up 2% year-on-year.
- Annual growth continues apace, especially in active mobile social users – 42% penetration up 3% from 2018.
- Share of web traffic by device highly favours mobile at 52% (staying stable year-on-year), whilst Desktop remains in second place with only 43% of device share to all web pages.
Social Media Sites - 2020 Statistics
- 3.2 Billion people use social media.
- 95% of Organizations use Facebook, 84% use Twitter, 74% use Instagram, and 62% use LinkedIn.
- Facebook reported 2.38 billion active monthly users as of March 2019.
- There are over 1 billion monthly active internet users on Instagram.
- The top 3 countries with the most Instagram users are the United States (110 million), Brazil (70 million), and India (69 million).
- 91% of executives find LinkedIn to be the top place for professionally relevant content.
- 82% of B2B marketers say LinkedIn is their most successful content marketing channel.
- Over 500 million tweets are posted daily.
- Twitter claims to have 321 million monthly users.
- 90% of weekly Pinterest users use the platform to help them make purchase decisions.
- YouTube holds the #1 spot for the most-widely used online platform.
- 87% of marketers are using YouTube as part of their content marketing.
- There are roughly 2.1 million Snaps created every minute on Snapchat.
- 53% of organizations engage in paid social ads.
- Global social media ad spend is expected to reach over $98B by the end of 2019.
- Over 2 million businesses use Instagram for advertising.
- 7 million businesses use Facebook for advertising.
- Facebook is number one on the list of the top 10 social media sites for business. With 2.41 billion daily active users, It is the most widely used social platform.
- If your business goal is brand awareness, website traffic, lead generation, or online conversions, It should make a significant difference in reaching your goals when used properly.
- Users can share text posts, links, images, and videos with their Facebook friends. They can follow famous people and pages and react to people’s posts on the platform. Brands can also promote their products using paid ads on Facebook.
2. Facebook Messenger
- Facebook Messenger is number 2 on the list of social media sites for business. It has advertising campaigns that are specifically developed for Facebook Messenger.
When someone clicks on an ad, they will be prompted to start a Facebook Message with your business page, and if they do, your business page can follow up with them in messages from that point on.
- Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social networking platforms. While it is mostly app-based, users can also access their feed through the website version. In June 2018, it finally reached 1 billion monthly active users.
- Instagram is a highly visual platform, where users share videos and images as well as Storiesand Live broadcasts. It is very popular among the younger generations. According to Statista, 32% of users are aged between 18 and 24 and 33% are aged between 25 and 34.
Instagram is a photo and video sharing social media app. It allows you to share a wide range of content such as photos, videos, Stories, and live videos. It has also recently launched IGTV for longer-form videos.
- Pinterest has 291 million monthly active users. Out of those users, 81% are women, 93% of active pinners said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases and 87% said they’ve purchased something because of Pinterest.
- Pinterest is a virtual scrapbooking social media site and is therefore, highly visual. Users can create themed boards and add images and products to the board. Brands can even create Shoppable Pins through which users can directly make purchases.
- Pinterest is a place where people go to discover new things and be inspired, quite unlike most social media sites where engagement is the primary focus. According to Pinterest, 78 percent of users say that content on Pinterest from brands are useful (much higher than that on other sites). This gives your brand an unique opportunity to shape their purchasing decisions.
Snapchat is an app that allows users to send Snapchats (a photo or video) either directly to another user or to their Snapchat Story.
There are over 350 million monthly active users, and 203 million daily active users on Snapchat, and 71% of those users are under 34 years old. Specifically, almost half of its users are aged between 18-24.
Snapchat is a social media app that focuses on sharing photos and short videos (as known as snaps) between friends. It made the Stories format popular, which eventually proliferated on other social media platforms like Instagram. But the rise of Instagram Stories seemed to have hindered Snapchat’s growth and marketers’ interest in using Snapchat for their brands in general.
YouTube is a video-sharing platform where users watch a billion hour of videos every day. To get started, you can create a YouTube channel for your brand where you can upload videos for your subscribers to view, like, comment, and share.
- YouTube is a video platform that allows users to watch videos and/or upload them.
- It has 2 billion monthly active users, giving your business the chance to share company content with over 30+ million daily active users who are likely to watch it.
Twitter is one of the older social media platforms, and it has 336 million monthly active Twitter users. You can post photos and videos along with character-limited copy, but Twitter is mostly known for its feed of real-time updates.
Twitter is a social media site for news, entertainment, sports, politics, and more. What makes Twitter different from most other social media sites is that it has a strong emphasis on real-time information — things that are happening right now.
Twitter is also often used as a customer service channel. According to advertisers on Twitter, more than 80 percent of social customer service requests happen on Twitter.
- LinkedIn has 303 million monthly active users, most all of which are in the working world or close to it.
- Because LinkedIn is considered to be a social media platform for business, people often include more accurate information about their employers, job positions, work email addresses and more than they do on other social media platforms that are utilized more for personal use.
LinkedIn is now more than just a resume and job search site. It has evolved into a professional social media site where industry experts share content, network with one another, and build their personal brand. It has also become a place for businesses to establish their thought leadership and authority in their industry and attract talent to their company.
Tik Tok (also known as Douyin in China) is a rising music video social network. It was the world’s most downloaded app in the first quarter of 2018, beating Facebook, Instagram, and other social media apps.
- TikTok is a new social media platform that was launched last 2018. It’s an app that allows its users to create their own 15 second video clip and share them.
- Now it has 1.2 billion users worldwide with 500 million monthly active users.
- Yelp has 178 million monthly visitors, and those visitors include people who want word-of-mouth confirmation of whether your business provides a positive or negative experience.
- Due to the nature of Yelp, this gives your business the chance to keep up your reputation by encouraging strong reviews and responding to the negative reviews.
So those are the top 10 social media sites 2020 for business that we recommend! Think you know which social media sites for business are right for you but don’t have the time or know-how to manage them?
Visit our website: http://seoconsultant.tech